Monday, July 20, 2009

Finished Project

I recently finished a little project I have been meaning to do for quite some time (just recently I found the time). It is a bookkeeper. I found the pattern at this site, if you are interested: http://www.modabakeshop.com/search?q=bookkeeper. Her finished product is much neater and nicer than mine. I am not by any means a good seamstress, but enjoy creating. I wanted to make this bookkeeper to hold my Bible, as I carry it around freely, and don't like the bigger, bulkier zipper pouches. I am planning on making a few more for family and friends, but always do the first experiment for myself, refining the kinks on my own, rather than someone else's. : )
The buttons are just for decoration. You could design a clasp or button-closure for this, but I prefer to have mine not, as I like the flexibility in size I have when I don't have to clasp it. I often carry different books along with my Bible.



The inside is just a fat quarter I bought that has complimenting colors. The outside is made up of strips from a Moda honey bun (Soiree). The buns come with many strips, so as I said, I will be making a few more of these, with different patterns of strips. I bought my honey bun off eBay, as it was less expensive than other sources. This was a fun and easy project, and fairly inexpensive if you use the honey bun for multiple projects.


3 comments:

Renee said...

That looks really cool Jenny. Good Job! I would love to have one.

The Browning Family said...

Beautiful... love it. I would like a purse like it...

Jenny said...

Wow, Jenny, that is so beautiful!! You did an amazing job! I have never heard of that honey bun thing you mentioned...I'll have to look that up! The colors are just beautiful! Thanks for sharing!