Monday, December 12, 2011

Sewing Saturday

This Saturday I decided to set my knitting needles aside and focus on sewing some projects that have been on my "project list" for a while now (it's an ever growing list).  My serger needle had broken a while back and since it's pretty old I had to order more online.  So once they came in I decided it was time to mark a few things off my list!  I had fun and was very pleased with the outcome of my work!  I am not at all an accomplished seamstress and typically like to stick to simple sewing, with no real detailed patterns.  Having said this, I am addicted to the remnant bin at Jo-Ann Fabric, and that is the place I picked up all the materials I used for these projects, outside of the napkins.
I absolutely love cloth wipes and needed some more.  These are made out of flannel and are double-sided.

This and the next are a couple of several blankets I made for gifts.  Each has a side of fleece and a side of soft, cuddly material for little hands and faces.


Cloth napkins I fashioned out of old tablecloths that we never use.

All of my day's work.  :)

3 comments:

Renee said...

Whoa! Great job Jenny! The sewing gene must have skipped my generation!

Emily's Posts said...

Wow! Way to go! What great ideas ~ so very creative!!

Jenny said...

Wow, that's awesome!! You sure got a lot done that day! Miss you!