Thursday, November 6, 2008

My Bag

So lately I have had the urge to create, and after a few botched attempts at a decent piece of clothing, I decided to try something more on my level...a bag. I have been wanting a new purse anyhow, so in order to help boost my confidence back to the level where I can again attempt something more complicated, I decided to make one! Here is the end result. : )


Sorry the picture is kind of dark.
This shows a more true image of the fabric.
I thought it was gorgeous and it was a remnant that was on super sale.
My inside fabric (also on sale) and my large middle inside pocket.
Some of you great seamstresses are laughing I am sure, but this is an accomplishment for this novice. : ) Next I think I'll knit for a bit on a project I started last winter. It's almost the scarf time of year again!
(Sorry about the spacing of this paragraph---I can't seem to figure that out, with this post and the last.)

4 comments:

Amanda said...

Great job! That looks like a super fancy purse! I don't know that I would have the talent to make one so nice.... well maybe not one at all. Well done Jenny, keep up with your creativity. PS. I still can't get over you running so far that is so awesome.

Jenny said...

WOW! Your bag is beautiful!! I can't believe you MADE that! I want to try a bag. I think it's so pretty, Jenny... good job! So, what clothes did you "botch"? LOL... just imagining it all is making me giggle.

Anonymous said...

I cannot seem to be able to make bags and have them turn out. dresses are much easier to me!! good job!


~Emily

Easthill Baptist Youth said...

You are awesome that is why we have you work with our teens! We love and appreciate you and Carl so much! Thank you for being a blessing!