Friday, October 2, 2015

Pinterest WIN!

So I'm not super crafty, but I like to collect Pinterest ideas like any other mom, especially when it comes to homeschooling.  The queue of ideas is quite long, but recently I found one that I had to use right away and it was a success!  So, I thought I'd share.

Will loves Lego's and this uses Lego's to help with spelling and writing.  The child uses the Lego's to help show the positioning of the letters on the lines before writing the word themselves.  Will really liked it.

 
First Will chose a word from random to "build" and write.

Then he started "building" the words with the Lego's.  


He successfully "built" the word.

Writing a word after building.  

I love this activity for practicing spelling and writing.  I just printed the papers and laminated them with construction paper as the backing to make them firm (and colorful). Here's the link:Lego Handwriting Mats.

No comments: