Friday, July 25, 2008

Praise the Lord (times 2)!!!!


We have two most recent praises to share:


1.) We have found a church!! Finally, after many visits and disappointments, we have found a church home, and much to our satisfaction it has "east" in it's name, since we just came from the west (in location and church home). So, from Westside to Easthill Baptist we have gone. We really like the preaching and spirit of this church, and of course agree with the important things (doctrine, etc.). We are so thankful to finally have found a church, and have such peace now. It is amazing the dissatisfaction and restlessness you feel when you do not have/are searching for a church home. Once you find it, such great peace and ease fills your soul. Thank you for all your prayers. Praise the Lord.


2.) I got a job! :) As many of you may know I just finished up my Master's in Education, which certifies me to teach. Because of the timing of my school ending, our move, and my certification process time, I am not able to get a job teaching here this year. I decided to try to get into the school system through other teacher-like jobs for the time being (paraeducator, etc.), and got a job as a teacher assistant. I am so thankful to have gotten this job and to just get my foot in the door in the world of education. Again, we praise and thank God.

3 comments:

Jenny said...

Oh wow! Congrats! How exciting, on all counts!! Yes, not being a member somewhere sure feels odd! Then you wonder...hmmm...am I part of the bride right now? Since the bride is the church... but so glad you found a home! Love the photo and the name!

How come you weren't able to get a job with your degree? Do you have to have it for a certain amount of time before hiring? What a blessing that you can be an assistant! I can't wait to hear what that's like! Miss you!

The Browning Family said...

Praise the Lord! I am so glad that you have found a place to call home as far as church. I am also rejoicing with you over a new found job! BTW - ET says HI!

Jenny said...

TO JENNY--I have to get my certification as a teacher through TN. In order to do that they have to have some paperwork including my transcripts, a recommendation from my school, and I have to take a few more tests (which I just took). Due to all of this and the rate at which they get through their work, it takes a while to get done. Also, typically the teachers I know substitute taught their first year after school, as it is not a given that you will automatically get hired, as school systems tend to hire familiar faces (prior subs, assistants, etc.). Also, by the time I can get into an interview here, the school year will have already started. Typically teachers are hired mid-summer. At that time we were moving and my certification was still not yet started (due to the time I ended school and such). Kind of a complicated situation. Anyhow, I hope that helps?