Tuesday, July 1, 2008

A Farewell To Arms




Well, really to the army, as I have received my separation orders from the Army Reserve. I will officially be out of the army on 26 August. This is a big praise for us, as we have been praying that the Lord would grant me separation from the army for a while now. I have served in the Army Reserves for 8 years this July, and though I am proud of the time I served both home and overseas, Carl and I both desired that I get out, for multiple reasons. I thank God for this great nation in which we live, and for the armed forces that defend it. Though I will no longer be apart of the armed forces, I will still be a patriot of this great country, and support my husband as he continues to serve. I know that I had mentioned this prayer request to some of my friends and family, and just wanted to let you all know the news, as a few of you may know it was quite a process to get this request through. I always knew that God would do it, as we felt it was His will, but as some of you may know, though we KNOW, we may still find ourselves doubting. This is just one more way in which I can testify God's faithfulness to us.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice pic, did you take that? Glad for the blessing you received! Are you guys getting adjusted to TN yet?

Jenny said...

Yes, I did take it, thank you. I'm trying to get better at photography. We are liking TN, though it is warmer. Still looking for a church home, though. Just because there are many does not mean they are good.

The Browning Family said...

Praise the Lord for your finishing a course faithfully and well done! Love you Jenny! Hope and pray that you are doing well.

Jenny said...

VERY awesome photo Jen!! Does your camera have a macro feature or was that shot in another mode? Love how just the A is in focus. But this isn't about that...ahem...this is about something much better! Congrats on getting out officially and praise God for answering prayer! What a blessing. Miss you!

Anonymous said...

Praise the Lord! What great news! A tremendous relief to not have the worry of an unexpected deployment. Thank-you so much for your service to our country.

Amanda said...

I am so excited for this new step in life you are taking! In answer to your question we are parking it on Tom's brothers property for 250 a month. We are really loving our trailer!