Thursday, June 18, 2009

The Harvest

I LOVE fruit, especially blackberries, and right near the base here there is an orchard. Well, currently in season are blackberries and peaches. YUM! I went the other day, and though it was sweltering, had a wonderful time picking blackberries and peaches for us. Fresh fruit is so delicious, not to mention MUCH less expensive than store-bought. The fruit was delicious! I made an apple-blackberry pie (Yum!) and we have eaten much of the peaches as is. Fresh fruit is just one of the reasons to love this time of year!

Apple-blackberry pie and it is delicious (better than it looks)! : )

4 comments:

The Casaus House said...

I love blackberries too. My all time fav. dessert is blackberry cobbler. Your pie looks wonderful! Please post the recipe so I can try it. I'm not much of a baker but it looks worth a shot.

Jenny said...

Oh, I certainly will, Cindee. I hadn't thought of this. It was really pretty easy.

Jenny said...

Those peaches look awesome! I have never seen peaches growing on a tree... that must be a sight to see!! Our blackberries are not ready this time of year at all! Hrm... I wonder why the big difference? I'm not much of a blackberry fan though. :( Just not my cup of tea. Your pie does look good!! I know that if you still lived here you would have brought me a piece when you came over to play with "baby Turah" who is no-longer a baby. She wears big girl panties now! She talks and talks in long sentences! She dresses herself every day and is still totally into shoes! I better go. Miss you!!

Jenny said...

Oh Jenny! I hope to come and visit you and your munchkins after the birth of mine. I was amazed at the growing season here, too. It is so much earlier, even from Illinois (my home state), which is just a few hours North! The big thing here is that they receive a LOT of rain and it gets warm much earlier, so that their growing season starts VERY early, compared to many other places. It is cool to see peaches on the tree. I'll have to take a picture next time I go there. The next fruit is blueberries! Yum. Miss you too, and "Baby Turah" and the boys. :)