Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Not Just Rugs...

The other day we were at Lowe's, and as I was strolling with Will while Carl was deciphering which screws and such to get, we went by the rugs. Since we have all hard wood floors in this house, I was just planning on keeping my eye out until I saw some rugs at a reasonable price, which for me is most likely second-hand. Anyhow, just out of curiosity I stopped at the Lowe's rugs and asked the man working there how much the 8'x5' rug was. He said $10!!! WHAT?! So, I asked again, if he was being serious. He said yes! It was originally $170, then the day before I went it was $20, then the day I was there they had just marked it down to $10!! AND it was nice and soft, so I snapped it right up! Then, he said that the bigger rugs were only $20 (10.5'x7.5'), normally $340!! WOW! So, I got two rugs, and to top it off, I had eyed the big rug in the past at Lowe's, thinking how much I liked it, but would never spend that much on it.

Anyone that knows me well, knows that I LOVE a good deal, so I had to share this, but with a little explanation, too. Being thrifty (a good steward) is something I try hard at and (I say this with no pride) God always blesses my efforts in this area! This is not the first time I have "stumbled" upon such a wonderful blessing in monetary form, and know that it won't be the last. This is just one of the many ways that my loving, personal Savior shows Himself to me. Thanks for sharing in this blessing. :) Sorry it ran kind of long.
The smaller rug for Will's room.


This is the larger rug, perfect for our living room area. Nice and soft to protect a bumping baby head. :) We have one other rug that we already had, for our room, so we are set! Thank you Lord for "small" blessings!

1 comment:

Krista said...

Wow... they are beautiful!